3 Most Common Summer Roofing Problems
1) UV Rays from the sun - This is typical of the hotter, summer months. This is due to the fact that the Earth is tilted more towards the sun for the Western and Northern hemisphere. Due to this, shingles have a tendency to dry and crack under extended exposure of the suns rays.
- Roofing is supposed to last a long time, but it is the elements which bring it down!
2) Water Leakage - This is possible in the summer months. Although it is indeed a dryer time of year, when it rains, it rains HARD. So, if your roof has any sort of waterproofing issue, it can be most likely experienced here.
- This is important to catch early, as prolonged amounts of time will allow moisture to travel to other parts of your home, potentially causing other issues to arise.
3)Lack of Maintenance - This is not typically an obvious issue but can play a huge role in determining the overall remaining lifespan of your roof on your home. It is very important to remove overhanging tree limbs before they have an opportunity to fall on your roof.
- It is also something to note that gutters are kept clear and clean of any debris. This will allow water to flow out and down to the ground during a storm, instead of pooling up near your roof area.
Trust Our Experts
For any roofing problems you may be experiencing this summer, you can contact our experts at Advantage Home Exteriors today to schedule a free consultation.